Summertime is meant to be FUN and TASP offers a wide range of engaging activities and enrichment courses. You will play, swim, act, create, and sail throughout Tabor’s 85-acre campus and Sippican Harbor. Our tennis courts, track, seven playing fields (including our turf facilities), invite you to play sports and games, and our waterfront rival those of most universities and yacht clubs. Our sailing docks are literally in our back yard. You may also take advantage of our state of the art Athletic Center, home to our international squash courts, multipurpose gym, fitness center, weight rooms, and much more. Our enrichment course offerings allow each child to learn something new and expand their knowledge. Our courses are not about grades but about allowing you to explore your interests.
You’ll take advantage of Tabor’s state of the art facilities, including the Science and Math Wing, the Braitmeyer Art Center, and the Marine and Nautical Science Center. TASP supplies all equipment needed for activities, but if your child brings their own please clearly mark each item with their name. Children are responsible for their property as TASP is not liable for any loss, theft, or damage to your camper’s belongings.
For program offering descriptions please click on the link below. There are 3 periods in a half day program and 6 periods in a full day program, please refer to our daily schedule at http://taborsummer.org/daily-schedule. Please note that “Period D” is rest period for our residential campers and group activities for our day campers (Tidal Time). Offerings occur during one 60 minute period. Some offerings require a consecutive enrollment commitment. Any activities/courses that have grade specifications, the camper must be entering into the required grade the following fall in order to enroll.
PLEASE NOTE: Activities/courses are assigned based on the date you register. Scheduling is not done until the week before the summer program begins, when the staff arrives. Campers receive their schedules on their designated registration day. We recommend that campers do not take more than 2 enrichment courses because we believe that children should also have time to enjoy outdoor and physical activities. Enrichment courses will be assigned first to your camper as not every course is offered every block during the day. Activities are then assigned to complete a camper’s schedule.
ACTIVITY & ENRICHMENT OFFERINGS
- Clay (2 consecutive week enrollment commitment)
- Field Hockey
- Flag Football
- Gymnastics (in partnership with Baystate Gymnastics)
- Ninja Warrior (2nd to 4th grade; first 3 weeks ONLY; in partnership with Baystate Gymnastics) NEW 2018!
- Pyrography for Beginners (7th to 10th grade)
- Sailing (2 consecutive week enrollment commitment)
- Swimming (6 levels)
- Tennis (3 levels)
- Ultimate Frisbee (4th to 10th grade, afternoons only)
- Yoga (mornings only)
2018 Enrichment Courses
- Be a BLOGGER! (5th to 10th grade) NEW 2018!
- Bulls and Bears – Stockmarket (4th to 10th grade)
- Crack the Cube – Rubik’s Cube™
- Creative Writing (5th to 10th grade)
- Debate and Public Speaking (6th to 10th grade)
- Digital Photography (5th to 10th grade, 2 week enrollment commitment)
- English as a Second Language (ESL) I: The American Experience
- English as a Second Language (ESL) II: TOEFL Preparation (3rd to 10th grade)
- Game Theory (8th to 10th grade; first 3 week ONLY)
- GoPro™ at TASP (7th to 10th grade)
- Introduction to Drone Technology (6th to 8th grade)
- Lego City™ (2nd to 4th grade) NEW 2018!
- Lego Friends™ (2nd to 4th grade) NEW 2018!
- Marine Science-Coastal Critters (2nd to 4th grade)
- Marine Science- Marine Biology (5th to 10th grade)
- Marine Science-Oceanography (6th to 10th grade)
- Marine Science-Research Methods (6th to 10th grade)
- Rocketry (3rd to 6th grade)
- SSAT Prep (7th to 9th grade; 5 week enrollment commitment))
- TASP Newspaper (5th to 10th grade)
- Theater Arts (6th to 10th grade)