Summertime is meant to be FUN and TASP offers a wide range of engaging activities and enrichment courses. You will play, swim, act, create, and sail throughout Tabor’s 85-acre campus and Sippican Harbor. Our tennis courts, track, seven playing fields (including our turf facilities), invite you to play sports and games, and our waterfront rival those of most universities and yacht clubs. Our sailing docks are literally in our back yard. You may also take advantage of our state of the art Athletic Center, home to our international squash courts, multipurpose gym, fitness center, weight rooms, and much more. Our enrichment course offerings allow each child to learn something new and expand their knowledge. Our courses are not about grades but about allowing you to explore your interests.
You’ll take advantage of Tabor’s state of the art facilities, including the Science and Math Wing, the Braitmeyer Art Center, and the Marine and Nautical Science Center. TASP supplies all equipment needed for activities, but if your child brings their own please clearly mark each item with their name. Children are responsible for their property as TASP is not liable for any loss, theft, or damage to your camper’s belongings.
For program offering descriptions please click on the link below. There are 3 periods in a half day program and 6 periods in a full day program, please refer to our daily schedule at http://taborsummer.org/daily-schedule. Please note that “Period D” is a rest period for our residential campers and a group activity for our day campers. Offerings occur during one 60 minute period for one week, unless otherwise noted. Some offerings require a 2-week (consecutive) enrollment commitment. Any activities/courses that have grade specifications, the camper must be entering into the required grade the following fall in order to enroll.
PLEASE NOTE: Activities/courses are assigned based on the date you register. Scheduling is not done until the week before the summer program begins, when the staff arrives. Campers receive their schedules on their designated registration day.
ACTIVITY & ENRICHMENT OFFERINGS
We offer a wide range of fun-filled activities which allow children to try and learn a sport or enhance existing skills. They are led by energetic and well trained staff members.
- Clay (2-week enrollment commitment)
- Field Hockey
- Flag Football NEW 2017!
- Gymnastics (in partnership with Baystate Gymnastics)
- Pyrography for Beginners (7th to 10th grade)
- Sailing (2-week enrollment commitment)
- Tennis (3 levels)
- Ultimate Frisbee (4th to 10th grade, afternoons only)
- Yoga (mornings only)
2017 Enrichment Courses
NEW for summer 2017, courses are 1 week in duration unless otherwise noted. We offer a wide range of engaging enrichment courses. They completely optional for all campers, but each summer most campers choose to take 1 or 2 courses. We ask campers not to take more than 2 courses because we believe that children should also have time to enjoy outdoor activities.
- Bulls and Bears (4th to 10th grade)
- Crack the Cube – Rubik’s Cube™ (not offered week 5)
- Creative Writing (5th to 10th grade) BACK for 2017!
- Debate and Public Speaking (6th to 10th grade) NEW 2017!
- Digital Photography (5th to 10th grade, 2-week enrollment commitment)
- English as a Second Language (first 3 weeks ONLY)
- Game Theory (8th-10th grade, first 3 weeks ONLY)
- GoPro™ at TASP (7th to 10th grade)
- Introduction to Drone Technology (2nd to 6th grade)
- Marine Science
- Rocketry (3rd to 6th grade)
- Sports – Then and Now (6th to 10th grade) NEW 2017!
- SSAT Prep (7th to 9th grade)
- TASP Newspaper NEW 2017!
- Theater Arts (6th to 10th grade)