Residential Camp / 7th – 10th grades only (grade entering next fall)
- Are you drawn to the deep blue-green ocean?
- Do you like to observe and discover interesting life in coastal waters?
- Do you enjoy exploring watery habitats?
- Do you want to snorkel, kayak, fish, and hike along the shoreline?
- Are you interested in experimenting in an advanced laboratory?
If your answer is “YES,” then join us at the Tabor Academy Summer Program Marine Science Camp!
Jason Cassista, a Tabor Faculty member and veteran Marine Science Camp Director, will lead the camp with other experts in the field. Activities and programs include but are not limited to: kayaking in the local marshes and estuaries, fishing the deep waters off the coast, snorkeling the rocky coastline, off-campus field trips, creating micro-habitats, and investigating the marine life in Tabor’s state-of-the-art Marine Science Center.
The tuition includes all instruction, meals, accommodations, and evening activities. Please click here to view the daily program agenda. PLEASE NOTE, transportation services are NOT available for our Marine Science Camp. Please visit our “TRAVEL” page at http://taborsummer.org/travel for a list of transportation service providers. Listings posted on this page are provided as a convenience to the TASP community and are not recommendations or endorsements of products and/or services.
PLEASE NOTE: Spaces will fill quickly, so we encourage parents to register early!
Date: Monday, August 8 through Saturday, August 13, 2016
Time: Campers should arrive between 9 and 10 am on Monday, and will be dismissed at 3 pm on Saturday
Cost: $1475 ($500 non-refundable is required when you submit your registration, and balance is due in full May 1)
Register: Complete the online registration form by clicking here or by clicking on any one of the “Summer Program Registration” quick-links.
Limit: 30 campers, filled on a first-come, first-serve basis. We need a minimum of 10 campers for the program to occur.
If the program is cancelled due to lack of enrollment, your deposit/registration fee paid will be refunded in full.
- Discounts are not applicable to the Marine Science Camp.
- There are NO refunds for late arrivals, absences, suspensions, dismissals, withdrawals, or early departures.
- Transportation services are NOT available to/from the airport.
- If your camper is attending our traditional residential program ending on Saturday, August 6 we can NOT provide accommodations during that weekend.
You must pick up your child on Saturday, August 6 and bring them back to the program on Monday, August 8 between 9am and 10am.