COVID-19 (Coronavirus) - Tabor Camp Response
DUE TO THE IMPACT OF THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC, 2020 TABOR SUMMER CAMP HAS BEEN CANCELED
We have all watched the rapidly changing COVID-19 pandemic impact our world and prayed for a quick resolution. As we still deal with the uncertainty of this virus, it is with a heavy heart that we have decided to cancel all Tabor Summer Programs and Camps. This includes Tabor Summer Camp, Marine Science Camp, Gateways, and MakerCamp.
Please know that we did not make this decision lightly. We sought the counsel of many including our Administrative Team, Director of Health Services, and our local Board of Health Office. Our camp is home to a global community, and each summer campers and staff travel from around the world to spend an unforgettable summer by the sea. The camp life that we love so well would be changed under interim guidelines that we are beginning to see for other states and from the CDC. The cancellation of community meetings, social distancing at all times, a completely revised schedule, and same groups throughout the entire day, are just a few of the changes we would need at the camp. Tabor is proud of the program that we have offered for over 100 years and we feel camp would NOT be camp the way your children remember so well.
We know nothing can replace the connection of our camp community during the summer and please know the entire Tabor Camp and program staff are with you in spirit throughout these trying times. Stay well and we look forward to seeing everyone for a glorious summer 2021, when we can properly gather as a community and celebrate the joy of camp!
Starting May 30, for campers enrolled in our camps and programs, we will automatically start refunding deposits/registration fees paid (if applicable) to the credit card used. You do NOT need to email a request to the office. Due to the volume of cancelations, please allow up to 15 business days for us to process your refund and send you a confirmation via email. After the process date, your account may take up to 7 business days to reflect the refund. Any payment(s) made by check will be refunded through the Tabor Business Office by check, which can take up to 30 business days for processing. We appreciate your patience as we work diligently through this process.
TSC FUN @ Home
There are so many FUN activities that we participate in at Tabor Summer Camp. During this time of social distancing, try some of these at home by incorporating them into your family's schedule. Keeping our minds and bodies active, like we do at camp, will help us feel our best!
- Launch (community morning meeting): Coming together as a camp community is an important part of starting each day. After a healthy breakfast, sit with your family and make a plan for a productive day. Talk about what you are excited to do and accomplish during the day ahead.
- Theme Thursday: Have your family dress up each Thursday, according to a particular theme. Try neon day, favorite holiday day, crayon day, tropical day. Look in your closets for ideas and “dress to impress”!
- Dance: Stand up and move your body! Show your family how we roll at TSC by teaching them some of our signature moves, like the “Waka Waka”!
- Talent Show : Show off your talent in a mini family production, presented at the end of each week, where you will all have a chance to be a star and shine.
- Tidal Time: After lunch come up with a fun activity or project. Play a card/board game, create a cool craft, write a poem/short story, sing a silly song. Let your imagination be your guide.
- Sports: What’s your favorite sport at TSC? Soccer, ultimate frisbee, basketball, baseball...the list goes on and on! On a warm, sunny day get outside and get active.
- Create: Arts and crafts is one of the most popular activities at camp. Find materials around the house and use your hands to express your creativity, draw, color, paint, work with clay. The options are endless.
To bring some more CAMP TIME to your day, we have created a Tabor Summer Camp Activity Book for the kids to enjoy which you can download by clicking here. Also, take some time to view our FUN photos and videos of our campers enjoying an "Unforgettable Summer by the Sea" by clicking here.