Want to make a difference during the summer?
Thank you for you interest in becoming a part of the Tabor Summer Camp family. We are looking for motivated, energetic, and talented people to commit passionately to our community. From leading extracurricular activities, to teaching courses, to dealing with the day to day responsibilities of the camp community, we expect a great deal of initiative and creativity while on the job. The summer program is a warm and friendly place that enrolls children from all over the world and their experience is dependent on the connections you and the rest of the staff make with them.
The Tabor Summer Camp is an important opportunity for our children to grow, learn, and have fun during summer's short weeks. Our children come ready to explore a beautiful seaside campus, play on fields and courts, and have the opportunity to discover new ideas or build upon existing skills in Tabor's classrooms.
For our children to have a safe and productive summer, you will need to approach each day with a willingness to work, a sense of humor, enthusiasm, and common sense. Our program is quite intensive and you will learn much about yourself during the summer. You will stretch your own limits as you move from activity to activity, dine with children at meals, and, in the evening, create a community in the dorms. The days can be long, but connecting with children is the ultimate reward.
2020 Employment Process
- We begin accepting applications online on December 1 at https://taboracademy.campintouch.com/ui/forms/application/staff/App.
- Applicants must be high school graduates, college students, graduate students and teachers who LOVE working with children.
- Applicants must be motivated, energetic, and talented people that can lead, teach, and passionately commit to our community.
- For a list of available positions, please click here.
- For a list of activities and enrichment offerings that we are seeking heads, assistants, and instructors for, please click here.
- We will begin scheduling interviews in January/February.
- Your application MUST be submitted online prior to your scheduled interview.
- Applications will be accepted until all positions are filled; there is no set deadline date.
- If you worked at Tabor Summer Camp for the last summer and wish to re-apply for this summer, you are not required to submit references, but you do have to complete an application.
- All hired staff must read and understand the Tabor Summer Camp Staff Handbook and the Essential Functions for Employment which will be located in your Camp in Touch Account once you are hired. An acknowledgment form must be signed electronically, if hired.
For questions related to employment please email Noel Pardo at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our staff is comprised of high school graduates, college students, graduate students and teachers. We offer day and residential positions, and international residents are welcome to apply. We do require all applicants be fluent in English (read/writing). The commitment for most staff is six to eight weeks. Counselors must attend the staff orientation one week prior to the campers' arrival and remain at camp after the campers' departure until their responsibilities are complete. Each activity and academic class lasts for one hour with proportionate amount of staff assigned for coverage. (ie: campers vs counselors) Members of the swimming staff must have WSI (Water Safety Instructor) or LGT (Lifeguard Training) and CPR (Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation). Lifeguards must have current CPR and First Aid certificates. Members of the sailing staff hold US Sailing Level 1 certificates as well as lifeguarding, first aid and CPR certificates.
Anne Archer Yetsko, the Associate Director of Camp Merri-Mac in Black Mountain, North Carolina says "Employers who themselves have been camp counselors understand the qualities required to successfully do this job and, consequently, often seek these individuals out when filling positions. But now the secret is getting out and having “Summer Camp Counselor” on a resume can make a potential employee much more desirable!" Please take a look at her 10 Reasons Why Businesses Should Hire Former Camp Counselors.